Emerging Companies Trailblazers
Disruption is driving tremendous change in virtually every industry in the modern economy. With our legal guidance, hundreds of game-changing companies have successfully entered the marketplace, creating new products and services to challenge their field and improve how things are done. Matching your creativity, we have developed techniques to efficiently and effectively serve the unique needs of an emerging business.
Soup To Nuts
We assist clients throughout the business lifecycle, from the initial protection of ideas to IPO and beyond. We believe our focus on client service is the foundation of our collective success. As a Kilpatrick Townsend client, we will provide your emerging company with unsurpassed legal representation spanning all of your critical needs. Our attorneys frequently serve as virtual outside general counsel to rapidly-growing companies, providing advice to boards of directors and senior management on corporate governance, joint ventures, and strategic transactions — bringing life to new businesses
- Corporate Formation, including stand-alone and U.S.-based foreign subsidiary corporations
- Financing Transactions, including convertible debt, SAFE agreements, and preferred stock financing transactions
- Business Transactions, including outsourcing, licensing and joint development agreements, and privacy and information security
- Strategic Transactions, including asset and stock sales, mergers and acquisitions, spinoffs, divestitures, and rollups
- Tax, including international and domestic tax counseling and dispute resolution
- Employment Benefits/Labor & Employment, including equity compensation, benefits, and employment matters (e.g., executive retention plans, reductions in force, and employment litigation)
- Intellectual Property, including patent prosecution, trademark and brand counseling, and enforcement
- Litigation, including internal investigations, government and regulatory enforcement matters, complex business and intellectual property litigation, appellate litigation, and alternative dispute resolution
A Strong Start
Through our unique Kickstart program, we address challenges faced by startups and provide the solid footing needed to raise capital, attract and keep the best talent, protect assets, and maintain strong partnerships and supply chains. Our collaborative approach and unparalleled access allow us to give specialized, comprehensive advice to first-time and serial entrepreneurs, who want to rapidly scale new businesses by accessing private investment from high-net-worth individuals and venture capital firms. As such, we have successfully advanced hundreds of emerging companies, using pragmatic, tailored, and cost-effective solutions on a variety of matters, including:
- Founders Share Issuances & Restrictions
- Stock Option Plans & Other Forms of Equity-Based Compensation
- Debt & Equity Financing Agreements
- Board Governance & Composition
- Licensing & Commercial Transactions
- Privacy & Information Security
- Exits by Acquisition or Initial Public Offering
Insights View All
Primary Contacts View All
While we are pleased to have you contact us by telephone, surface mail, electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, contacting Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires consideration of multiple factors, including possible conflicts of interest. An attorney-client relationship is formed only when both you and the Firm have agreed to proceed with a defined engagement.
DO NOT CONVEY TO US ANY INFORMATION YOU REGARD AS CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL A FORMAL CLIENT-ATTORNEY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
If you do convey information, you recognize that we may review and disclose the information, and you agree that even if you regard the information as highly confidential and even if it is transmitted in a good faith effort to retain us, such a review does not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could be used against you.