1:30 p.m. Registration
2:00-5:15 p.m. Seminar
Cocktails and Hors D’oeuvre Reception to Follow
Imperial Hotel, Ran Room (2nd Floor, Main Building)
1-1 Uchisaiwai-cho 1-chome
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8558, Japan
We invite you to join our distinguished panel of patent prosecution and litigation experts for this informative and interactive discussion, which will position you to preserve and enhance your company’s ability to protect and commercialize intellectual property in a global environment.
Our speakers will discuss:
- Update on U.S. Patent Law (Kristopher L. Reed) Mr. Reed, a partner on the Patent Litigation Team at Kilpatrick Townsend, will discuss the most recent developments in United States Patent Law, and the potential impact of those developments on intellectual property protection and enforcement in the United States.
- IP Issues in Corporate Transactions - A Yahoo Case Study (A. James Isbester) Mr. Isbester, a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office, will share some strategies and approaches, using examples from the firm’s role in deals such as the sale of Yahoo and others.
- Patent Enforcement in the U.S. and China (Panel Discussion)
- A Powerful Defense Weapon: IPR (Kristopher L. Reed) Mr. Reed will discuss the details of inter partes review proceedings before the United States Patent Office. Mr. Reed will also discuss how companies can use IPR actions as a powerful defense against intellectual enforcement by others, both before and during litigation.
- Patent Enforcement in China (Kenneth S. Chang) The globalization of China’s economy and emergence of an enormous consumer base in China reaffirms the need for foreign companies to obtain and assert intellectual property rights within China. Mr. Chang, an Intellectual Property litigator and the managing partner of Kilpatrick Townsend’s Shanghai office, will discuss the IP enforcement environment in China and provide helpful strategies for protecting Japanese companies’ IP rights in China.
- Pre-Litigation Patent Negotiations and Other Means of Extracting Value from Your Portfolio (Babak S. Sani) Mr. Sani, a partner in the San Francisco office of Kilpatrick Townsend whose practice focuses on negotiations and other transactions involving patents, will address the current state of the patent market in general and the evaluation of patents in the contexts of licensing and sales/acquisitions in particular.
Simultaneous translation services will be provided.
Who Should Attend?
In-house counsel, benrishi, business managers, patent agents, patent engineers and others tasked with understanding and managing patent litigation and strategy will benefit from this timely analysis of recent and upcoming changes in U.S. law.
Our panel discussion will be followed by a cocktail reception for our honored clients, special guests, and colleagues.
For more information or to RSVP, please contact Ritsuko Saito at email@example.com