As you no doubt seen in this morning’s paper, the final employer penalty regulations have been released. We plan on providing a one hour teleconference to brief our clients on these daunting and important regulations (all 227 pages) in the next few weeks. So, stay tuned for an invite. In the meantime, here are a few important highlights:
- Large employers with 100 or more employees only have to provide coverage to 70% of their full-time employees for 2015. Beginning in 2016 and beyond the percentage increases to 95% of full-time employees.
- Employers with 50-99 employees do not have to comply until 2016.
- Special look back transition rules apply to 2015.
- The application of the look back method to some employee groups and the monthly method to other employee groups is clarified.
- Certain volunteers are excluded from the definition of full-time employees.
- Special rules are added for school teachers to determine full-time status.
- Seasonal employees working 6 months or less will not be considered full-time.
While we are pleased to have you contact us by telephone, surface mail, electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, contacting Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires consideration of multiple factors, including possible conflicts of interest. An attorney-client relationship is formed only when both you and the Firm have agreed to proceed with a defined engagement.
DO NOT CONVEY TO US ANY INFORMATION YOU REGARD AS CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL A FORMAL CLIENT-ATTORNEY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
If you do convey information, you recognize that we may review and disclose the information, and you agree that even if you regard the information as highly confidential and even if it is transmitted in a good faith effort to retain us, such a review does not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could be used against you.