Insights: News Releases Kilpatrick Townsend Named U.S. Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year by Managing Intellectual Property
ATLANTA (March 21) – Managing Intellectual Property (Managing IP) recognized Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton as the U.S. Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year at Managing IP’s 2016 North America Awards held in Washington, D.C., on March 17.
"We are honored to be recognized by Managing Intellectual Property as the top Trademark Prosecution Firm in the U.S.," said Anthony Malutta, Co-Team Leader of Kilpatrick Townsend's Trademark & Copyright Team. "This recognition is significant because it is reflective of the opinion of our clients and peers. Our team has unmatched depth of expertise counseling an impressive roster of global brandowners. Additionally, over the past five years, our trademark portfolio practice has grown tremendously and we now manage over 60,000 trademarks. We are grateful for this distinction."
Managing IP recognizes and honors leading U.S. and Canadian firms and leading practitioners at their annual North America Awards. After several months of detailed research and analysis by Managing IP's team of researchers, a shortlist of firms viewed to have had an outstanding year is selected in various categories. Award winners are selected from these shortlists and firms cannot vote or pay for their own inclusion for these awards.
Managing IP's recognition follows recent national distinction for Kilpatrick Townsend's Trademark and Copyright team, including:
- Tier One in both Trademark Prosecution and Trademark Contentious in Managing IP’s 2016 IP Stars Trademark Ranking in the U.S. National category. Kilpatrick Townsend is one of only two firms in the U.S. to achieve the top rating in both categories;
- 2016 World Trademark Review National Tier 1 ranking;
- US News - Best Lawyers ® 2016 “Best Law Firms”: National Tier 1 ranking;
- 2016 Best Lawyers in America®: top listed firm in the nation for the number of Trademark attorneys listed; and
- “Leading Firm for Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets” nationwide by the 2015 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
Follow the firm on Twitter: @KTS_Law.
While we are pleased to have you contact us by telephone, surface mail, electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, contacting Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires consideration of multiple factors, including possible conflicts of interest. An attorney-client relationship is formed only when both you and the Firm have agreed to proceed with a defined engagement.
DO NOT CONVEY TO US ANY INFORMATION YOU REGARD AS CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL A FORMAL CLIENT-ATTORNEY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
If you do convey information, you recognize that we may review and disclose the information, and you agree that even if you regard the information as highly confidential and even if it is transmitted in a good faith effort to retain us, such a review does not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could be used against you.