"Emerging Threats and New Areas of Coverage: Growing Risk of Security Breaches as It Relates to the IOT and a Brief Examination of whether or not There Is Coverage under Cyber Policies for the Theft of Intellectual Property, the Next Generation Ransomware, and the Cyber Terrorism," Speaker, 14th Advanced Forum on Cyber & Data Risk Insurance, American Conference Institute, November 2016.What is it about?
- What new areas are being looked at?
- How are these new risks being thought about from an insurance perspective?
- As the number of connected devices is increasing exponentially, how to manage securely? How has IOT changed the framework of coverage? How is it forcing the insurance market to evolve?
- Is there coverage under cyber policies for stealing of ideas? How should it be covered?
- Responding to the next generation ransomware and new attack scenarios
- Are cyber policies going to cover cyber terrorism?
- Underwriting challenges
- Is an official government agency required to certify that an act is an act of terrorism?
- Does cyber terrorism have an element of violence and does it truly fit into the criteria of terrorism?
For more information and to register, please click here.
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Park Central Hotel
While we are pleased to have you contact us by telephone, surface mail, electronic mail, or by facsimile transmission, contacting Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP or any of its attorneys does not create an attorney-client relationship. The formation of an attorney-client relationship requires consideration of multiple factors, including possible conflicts of interest. An attorney-client relationship is formed only when both you and the Firm have agreed to proceed with a defined engagement.
DO NOT CONVEY TO US ANY INFORMATION YOU REGARD AS CONFIDENTIAL UNTIL A FORMAL CLIENT-ATTORNEY RELATIONSHIP HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED.
If you do convey information, you recognize that we may review and disclose the information, and you agree that even if you regard the information as highly confidential and even if it is transmitted in a good faith effort to retain us, such a review does not preclude us from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could be used against you.