Maureen Sheehy serves as Managing Partner of the firm and serves on the firm's Executive Committee. Her practice focuses on complex business litigation, intellectual property litigation, and unfair competition matters. She has extensive experience leading litigation teams in both federal and state courts, as well as before the United States International Trade Commission. Her business litigation experience includes representation of clients in business torts, breach of fiduciary duties, officer and director liabilities and related indemnification claims as well as a range of unfair competition matters, whether individual or representative actions. She has also handled a range of intellectual property matters ranging from trade secret theft claims to licensing disputes and patent infringement claims. Whether representing a Fortune 50 company or a privately held company, Ms. Sheehy works with the client to develop a strategy that is built around the client’s business needs and objectives.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Sheehy was a partner at a litigation boutique firm in Emeryville, California. Ms. Sheehy was recognized as a Northern California "Super Lawyer" for Intellectual Property Litigation in 2012 by SuperLawyers magazine.
Professional & Community Activities
East Bay Community Law Center, Board of Directors, Member
- University of Chicago, J.D. (1987)
- Stanford University, B.A., American Studies (1984)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (1987)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (1999)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico (1995)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California (1988)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (1987)