Andrew Sachs focuses his practice on advising registered investment companies, including open-end mutual funds and ETFs in both stand-alone and series trusts, and their respective boards of trustees with respect to:
- organizational matters – including trust and fund formation, SEC registration and fund mergers/reorganizations;
- corporate governance matters – including representation of independent trustees;
- disclosure documents – including drafting and reviewing prospectuses, SAIs and marketing materials;
- compliance requirements – including Rule 38a-1 reporting and service provider oversight;
- SEC filings – including proxy statements and annual and semi-annual reports; and
- other operational and management issues.
Mr. Sachs also assists both state and SEC registered investment advisers with registered and private investment company formation, including domestic, offshore and master-feeder hedge funds, private equity and real estate funds, and has represented registered investment advisers in acquisitions and reorganizations. He regularly provides advice regarding public and private offering documents on both sides of the transaction; assisting issuers with the drafting and preparation of documentation and governing documents and assisting investors with evaluating and negotiating terms of investment in funds and corporate opportunities.
Mr. Sachs also assists clients with respect to private equity, securities, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. Mr. Sachs has assisted in mergers and acquisitions and private equity deals on both the buy-side and sell-side. He also has experience in the representation of public companies in multi-billion dollar private debt offerings and assisting clients with the purchasing and financing of aircraft.
Professional & Community Activities
Wake Forest Law Review, Managing Editor (2007-2008)
Mental Health Association of Forsyth County, Board Member
Reap More Than You Sow Community Garden Project, Board Member
Piedmont Craftsmen, Inc., Board Member