Date Posted: 29 October 2013
Kilpatrick Townsend is currently seeking a Billing Specialist/Coordinator for our Atlanta location. This position is directly responsible for the timely and successful processing of the firm’s billing needs using a highly complex billing and electronic e-billing system and method to accomplish the daily tasks. This individual is also responsible for the accurate and consistent billing and other data to be produced while completing job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Receive and process billing for attorneys in multiple practice groups.
· Coordinate, monitor and process approved markdowns, write-offs and necessary maintenance.
· Submit electronic bills using various e-billing systems (including processing appeals and error message handling).
· Monitor and answer billing department email and telephone hotlines.
· Provide Elite and WebView assistance to attorneys and secretaries.
· Assist attorneys and secretaries in understanding billing processes, policies and procedures.
· Assist Accounts Receivable and Collections staff to resolve or prevent billing errors.
· Process daily time loads.
· Assist with new matter setup, opening discounts and rate exceptions.
· Complete special projects and analysis as directed.
· Other duties as assigned
· At least a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience preferably in a law firm environment.
· Knowledge of Elite Financial Management Systems is preferred.
· Extensive electronic billing experience as well as familiarity with multiple e-billing vendor systems is desired.
· Experience with Cognos based applications is preferred.
· Experience with report generating applications such as Crystal Reports, FRX, MiniSoft, or similar products is preferred.
· Must have experience in Excel specially with the use of Pivot tables.
· Experience in a multi-currency setting preferred.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to analyze, assess possible problems, prioritize concerns and make decisions.
· Ability to perform well under pressure.
· Must be able to adapt schedule to changing environment.
· Strong work ethic, flexible, dependable, and positive can-do attitude.
· Ability to focus and deliver tangible results, diligent in achieving associated objectives.
· Mustbe able to maintainhigh level of confidentiality.
· Should have skills to coordinate resources to help others meet their resources.
· Act as a role model in helping others solve complex problems.
· Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
· Must be a good planner who is very detail-oriented and has the ability to organize and prioritize.