Business & Finance Core Competency
The laws governing business and finance impact the organization and operation of businesses of all sizes and thus require legal counsel who understands their short- and long-term opportunities and ramifications. Kilpatrick Townsend provides integrated service and counsel across a full range of business and finance practices. We handle essential commercial contracts, assist with navigating the complexities of corporate governance, establish and maintain sophisticated employee compensation and benefits plans, develop appropriate vehicles for financing in real estate markets, prepare securities offerings, and assist with preserving value in distressed assets.
Across The Board
Our experience runs the gamut of key business and finance matters. Specifically, we handle:
- Contracts & Commercial Agreements
- Corporate Governance, including shareholder litigation, special committee representation, and special projects
- Employee Benefits, including executive compensation, health and welfare plans, pension asset management, fiduciary counseling, and ERISA litigation
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance & Capital Markets
- Economic Development
- Emerging Companies
The Right Combination
Our team works with companies around the country and across borders, bringing a breadth of skills in a variety of disciplines to bear on crafting intricate commercial transactions. We are particularly adept in addressing specific significant tax and regulatory considerations. Engaging professionals from across the firm on a relevant basis, we bring versatility, ingenuity, and efficiency to large, complex matters.